Monday, September 27, 2010

First Day of School :)

The heart beats, anxious to take that oh so deep breath in the morn. Awaken eyes , chest rise , nose inhale waken this soul for she . . has a story to tell.
See I must use the instruments , the tools , the natural alarm clock in my body to wake me up in the morning since I do not have a phone and I blew out my ipod deck :( However, I have become more in tune with my body and have learned how much control my thoughts have over my body. SUCH a minor yet KEY piece of knowledge to invest in. After I got myself together for the today I as off to class down the 10 minute path that leads directly to school. The day bore a grayish gloom amongst the vibrantly green trees , lawns and leaves. I told my housemates , whom walked amongst me how strange it was to be walking in 60 some odd degree weather while it is 100 degrees in Cali.
Once we arrived on campus I surprisingly felt not an inch of nerves. I suppose because I had anticipated this day for so long I was just ready for it . Once class started, we were informed by our professor Monique Wilson who seems like an amazing person and teacher, as well as the Director of the school Leon Rubin . The more I hear about the foundation , the mission and the purpose of the curriculum of the school I know God has placed me in the perfect spot. I was afraid that being in England at a British Theatre Arts Masters Program their strict classic teachings would disrupt the voice that I have found and begun to love. To my surprise , I believe the school will actually strengthen it. From our professor to the Director of the school they have voiced that they embrace change and are lovers of cultural differences and similarities. Our program in particular wants to bring out the best of our abilities and strengths as well as strengthen our weakness. I'm a bit scattered brained on this but as we continue I will be able to articulate more precisely the methods and teachings of East 15.
After our meeting in Acting class, which consisted of life changing experiences and since I didn't want to get too too deep I talked about the time that Dad , Mom , Austin and I went to Yosemite and so smartly decided to hike down to the Valley. Yes Mom , as I told the story i was laughing with tears , but oh I sure told the class how we were pretty much crying with different kinds of tears . . . anger and pain might be one lol
Well after Acting we had a break then Movement which I LOVED. I even got some scene ideas for a new play/project I have been fooling around with. There was a lot of isolation and focusing on various parts of the body at one time. Like yoga in sense really. We then had lunch , which I enjoyed at my friend Bonny's house , a States international student in my class from Irvine. After a good meal and discussion, we headed on back to school and OKAY wait haha we had lunch THEN movement. Anyways, haha after movement we had singing , which I was SO excited for . However, it was not as structured as I was anticipating it to be. We all sang together in one group , a four part song , without the teacher taking time to know our vocal ranges and abilities. I believe it is backwards to work as a group first and then work on our vocals individually, since not everyone has a singing background. Regardless, I will make the best of the situation, as is required for one to do in order to succeed in learning all one can.
Well, that is the gist of things at the moment , Many more details to run over but I don't want to bother you with such :) Hope you are all well , you are in my prayers and wishing you a wonderful day/night :D

2 comments: