Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sometimes you have to travel through Dirt

The weeks fly by like thoughts in the night , yet the days are tryingly long. Each day serves a different obstacle. Whether it be internally, mentally , physically , emotionally or spiritually. Yet at the end of the day something always seems to turn around. A smile emerges , even if for a second , it's there. Sweet reminders of friends and family. Smells of home. Glimpses of a sunlight stretching over green hills. God reminding me He's there. I feel His presence in the sway of the willow trees. His sun rays  just when I need a bit of light in my day.

Our days at school are full , weeks just the same. So you can have a clearer picture , I thought of writing it out for you:

Monday : 9-am -1:10pm    ACTING
                1:10 - 2:10 pm     Lunch
                2:10  - 4 pm    MOVEMENT
                4- 4:20 pm            Break
                4:20 - 6:10pm     MUSIC

Tuesday : 9am - 1:10pm   ARTICULATION
                 1:10 - 2:10 pm         Lunch
                 2:10 - 6:10pm         VOICE

Wednesday : 9am - 10:5 am   MOVEMENT
                     10:50 - 11:20 am      Break
                     11:20 - 1:10 pm     ACTING
                     1:10  - 2:10 pm        Lunch

Thursday:  9 am - 10:50 am   CONTEXT
                  10:50 - 11:20 am     Break
                  11:20 - 1:10pm      ACTING
                    1:10 - 2:10 pm       Lunch
                    2:10 - 6:10 pm     ACTING

Friday :   9am - 10:50am     LABAN
             10:50 - 11:20 am      Break
             11:20 - 1:10 pm     SINGING
               1:10 - 2:10 pm       Lunch
               2:10 - 6:10 pm     ACTING

So there you have it ! :D My weeks and days in a nutshell. It's very interesting and quite a different experience being in school for Theatre. The informational meetings / career meetings are so polar to what I am use to hearing in those sorts of meetings. Then our class discussions , readings and course topics are complete 180s from what I have been taught all my life. So naturally I'm rebelling. That is not to say that I refuse to do my work or take advice or do my best. More so, I mentally and perhaps even emotionally keep myself at a distance. At times I feel very different from my other classmates in their approaches to the material. They seem much more enthusiastic and eager to obtain the concepts and methods in class than I . Perhaps , because our goals are unique to our individual purposes. It's funny. I'm still trying to rap my head around the fact that I am in school for theatre and am surrounded by theatre people. I think I am just now coming to realize the leap of faith I just took; moving to London to get my Masters in Theatre. WOW ! :O It's um kind of a lot to swallow. However, I'm keeping that leap of faith. Trekking on,  learning and growing up each day. Though it may be inch by inch , there's movement. And that. . . that's empowering.

2 comments:

  1. Reading this blog reminded me of a conversation mom and I had in regards to your pursuit of a MFA and being around "Theatre People". Mom was insightful in when this was going to become apparant. It seems you are steadily growing and maturing oin the manner in which you are handling the changes in your life :=) I am sure you will know when to unleash the drive to fully immerse in the craft. Again, you make us proud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud and happy for you sis. This all sounds so so very enrapturing.

    ReplyDelete